- Was there a particular event or time that you recognized that filmmaking is your way of telling stories?
Everyday I guess !
- Do you think it is essential to go to a film institute in order to become a successful filmmaker?
I hope not, I was a professional snowboarder then learnt by myself how to tell stories.
- Is it harder to get started or to keep going? What was the particular thing that you had to conquer to do either?
I’m trying to figure out how to write my first fiction film so I would say it is harder to get started 🙂
- What was the most important lesson you had to learn that has had a positive effect on your film? How did that lesson happen?
Good preparation and do not rewrite the end of your film depending on production.
- What were the production realities from casting through editing that you had to accommodate? How did you navigate those compromises or surprises and still end up with a cohesive film?
We did this film with our hands and shot it in one night, it was tough.
- What was the hardest artistic choice you made in the making of a film, at any stage in production?
Cut a scene that I really liked for the benefits of the film.
- You are a collaborator. How have you discovered members of your team and how do you keep the relationship with them strong?
Trying to build some kind of a film making family and get job done with passion.
- What do audiences want? And is it the filmmaker’s role to worry about that?
I think it’s important to know who is your audience and what we should told them and how. The only thing we want is to seduce that audience right ?
- What role have film festivals played in your life so far? Why are they necessary? How do you get the most out of them?
Film festival are perfect to get some kind of recognition 🙂
- Do you believe that a filmmaker should be original and fresh or he/she should stick to classic but safe cinema style?
Original and fresh what a question ! 🙂